Market Research Information Specialist
LOGIC AND DATA AND DETAIL...are we singing your song??
Do you have strong math skills? Do you like solving puzzles? Are analytical ability and excellent attention to detail among your core skills? Do you enjoy learning? If so, we’d like to hear from you.
Bellomy Research, Inc., a leader in market intelligence, has a great opportunity with our team in our Winston Salem, NC headquarters. (We'll also consider remote candidates with strong skills.) We are a dynamic, full-service marketing intelligence consultancy providing strategic insight, knowledge, and direction to a diverse, national client base. Bellomy offers the opportunity to work with cool technology and highly experienced professionals in a collaborative, team-focused environment. We're passionate about providing our clients with innovative solutions and actionable insights!
This entry-level position creates marketing research questionnaires (using our proprietary software) and performs on-going tasks related to QA and survey data coordination. Responsibilities include the following activities:
- Review and understand marketing research questionnaires prepared by the team and/or clients and provide feedback regarding design objectives, challenges, and issues.
- Implement and test questionnaires using in house tools.
- Organize, manipulate and manage data files from clients and other sources
- Oversee the execution of projects using in-house tools
- Generate reports from questionnaire data collection results by following specifications provided by project manager(s)
- Quality assurance tasks including checking one’s own work and work done by peers
- Generate data containing results of research projects
- Continuous communication with team members and support staff regarding the status of technical aspects of projects
- Respond to requests for data and changes to questionnaires/deliverables
- Communicate with necessary internal support groups and account management on an ongoing basis to advise regarding projects’ status and schedule/schedule changes.
- Learn and understand the commercial technologies that support our proprietary SmartIDEAS platform. This includes, but is not limited to, technologies and concepts such as:
- Database technologies like MS SQL/Server and Access
- Strong aptitude in skills such as logical thinking, analytical reasoning, process mapping
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work under tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to superior quality work
- Critical thinking ability; skilled in questioning results and taking the initiative to investigate the “why”
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; collaborative team member
- Proficiency with MS Office required
- SQL knowledge strongly preferred
- Market research experience helpful