Research Data Specialist
Do you have strong math skills? Do you like solving puzzles? Are analytical ability and excellent attention to detail among your core skills? Do you enjoy learning? If so, we'd like to hear from you.
Bellomy Research, Inc., a leader in market intelligence, has great opportunities with our Technology team in our Winston Salem, NC headquarters. We are a dynamic, full-service marketing intelligence consultancy providing strategic insight, knowledge, and direction to a diverse, national client base. Bellomy offers the opportunity to work with leading-edge technology and highly experienced professionals in a collaborative, team-focused environment. We are passionate about providing our clients with innovative solutions and actionable insights!
This entry-level position collaborates with our Client Services Teams. The Data Specialist programs marketing research surveys (using our proprietary software along with other programming languages), and performs ongoing tasks related to QA, survey data coordination, and collation as preparation for reporting.
Project Activities May Include:
- Utilize HTML/CSS to customize survey theming / utilize scripting and other internet technologies for specific survey questions
- Organize, manipulate, and manage data files from clients and other sources
- Communicate project needs for specialty requests with other team members
- Oversee the ongoing execution of automated processes
- Oversee, ensure accuracy, and make requested data adjustments of survey data collection results
- Generate email templates and send email invitations using in-house tools
- Generate reports from survey data collection results by following specifications provided by project manager(s)
- Generate data files containing results of research projects
- Quality assurance tasks including checking one's own work and work done by peers
- Continuous communication with team members and support staff regarding status of technical aspects of projects
- Self-manage multiple tasks across accounts and teams
Communicate with necessary internal support groups and account management on an ongoing basis to advise regarding projects' status and schedule/schedule changes.
Learn and understand the commercial technologies that support our proprietary SmartIDEAS platform. This includes, but is not limited to, technologies and concepts such as:
- Database technologies like MS SQL/Server and Access
- Strong aptitude in skills such as logical thinking, analytical reasoning, process mapping
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work under tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to superior quality work
- Critical thinking ability; skilled in questioning results and taking the initiative to investigate the "why"
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; collaborative team member
- Proficiency with MS Office required
- MS SQL Server knowledge strongly preferred
- Market research experience helpful
Candidates must be lawfully and fully (without restriction) employable in the United States either by citizenship or by authorization from the Department of Homeland Security and the Labor Department.
Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!