- Sometimes a business needs a central, dedicated space to connect with a population of consumers on a regular, long-term basis. But do your needs call for a research community, or is a panel the better option?
- Since our original post on March 20 assessing survey response rates immediately after the COVID-19 travel ban, we've been closely following response rates and data impacts on several of our trackers, in both the utility and financial services spaces. Now, in Week 6 of the quarantine, we need to know if people have continued responding to survey invitations at the same rate.
- It is a common refrain in the survey research industry: any change impacting large populations will have an impact on response rates and possibly change how people respond. During natural disasters such as hurricanes or typhoons, many halt research in the impacted areas.
- Q3 2018 showed a large decrease in social post volume, compared to this period last year. Those who did post were riveted by healthcare miracles and incredible health stories. Providers were also showing their growing wisdom by advertising job opportunities over social media.
- Q2 2018 brought with it new conversations around health. Digipharm’s business model opened new conversations about the potential for intersection between cryptocurrency and healthcare. Users of Twitter and Facebook have mixed opinions about healthcare acquisitions, and Amazon breaks into the sector with a controversial figure at its head.