- Sentiment analysis is a core text analytics capability that every organization needs to master to build strong brands and even stronger relationships with consumers. Here’s how three of the most commonly used sentiment analysis techniques work — and why they all fail to produce actionable insights.
- Topic modeling is the process of assembling a set of recurring topics within a body of text. Using topic modeling, data — like customer feedback or other unstructured data — can be mined at scale to discover frequently used phrases or expressions within the text. Successfully classifying comments into topics is part of an overall approach that enables organizations to understand consumers’ thoughts, opinions, and ideas.
Although there's a fundamental difference between social monitoring and social listening, the terms are often used interchangeably. I'm even guilty of it myself.
Social listening is a powerful solution for brands who want to connect with their consumers, but it's not perfect for every situation. There are several advantages and disadvantages to consider before determining whether it's the right fit for your organization's strategy.
- It can be intimidating to gather and analyze customer comments. From surveys, to emails, and social media posts, a lot of data exists, and – thanks to modern text analytics tools – we can effectively unlock the powerful trends hidden within that data.
- Virtual focus groups are a vehicle for gaining qualitative insights into target audiences as respondents participate through the comfort and ease of their own devices. While such sessions are often more convenient for participants, there are several differences to address when compared to traditional, in-person, focus groups.
- Acting with empathy can increase sales, loyalty, and referrals, yet some companies don't keep a pulse on how well they treat customers and prospects.
- Making meaningful discoveries from unstructured data is not out-of-reach. Bellomy’s text analytics platform offers insights teams access to advanced NLP and AI tools.