As we continue to weather this pandemic and watch the world slowly reopen around us, we’ve kept a close eye on how consumer attitudes and behaviors continue to shift.
- As a group with higher instances of part-time or self-employment, and a high likelihood of children in the household, this female-heavy segment is hanging on by a thread.
- This crowd is opting to stay in and cook ready-made meals rather than hitting up the local brunch spot on Sunday morning.
- If life was tricky before, it is much harder now. This group tends towards single parents with limited activities and very real worries about financial instability.
- These family-oriented folks are not panicking but they are taking things seriously.
- This group recognizes that there will be a global financial impact but are not as concerned about their own personal finances.
- This group reports very few changes to daily life and are less concerned about the pandemic than other consumer groups.
- Thus far, this segment has been the least impacted — they are not working from home and are not likely to have children staying in the house.
- Bellomy has created a unique COVID-19 consumer segmentation based on the attitudes and behaviors of 1,110 people nationwide. We identified seven distinct segments of Americans as they adjust to the novel coronavirus pandemic and its implications.